I'm a distance learner. Will you send books to me?
Distance learners should request materials (books, articles, conference proceedings, etc.) using BeachReach:
- Complete the appropriate BeachReach Interlibrary Loan form. Distance learners need to indicate their status every time they make a BeachReach request by noting answering YES to the question on each form "Are you are distance learner?"
- As a special service to distance learners, the CSULB Library will send through snail mail any materials (including those owned by CSULB) that can not be delivered electronically (this generally applies to books).
- For books, the date due and the return address will be provided you when you receive the book. You are responsible for the payment of return postage.
- If available electronically, journal articles will be emailed to you. If no electronic copy is available, a photocopy will be sent to you by first class mail.
- If the library owns the item you request and it is on the shelf, it should arrive in less than a week. Items that must be requested from other libraries will take longer than CSULB owned materials. (Check OneSearch to see if CSULB Library owns the item you want.)
- Check on the progress of your request by logging in to BeachReach Interlibrary Services and "Review Status of Requests and Retrieve Electronically Delivered Items".
- Contact Circulation for more help 562.985.5512
Was this helpful? 1 0