Q. How do I find which articles have cited an article?
One method of performing a cited reference search is to use Google Scholar (scholar.google.com). Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to scholar.google.com
2. Go to "Advanced Search" (as of January 2014 clicking on the upside-down triangle in the search box accomplishes that goal).
3. Type in the title of the article you have (i.e. the article that you are trying to find citing articles for).
4. Change the setting for "where my words occur from "anywhere in the article" to "in the title of the article."
5. Click on the search button.
6. If Google Scholar finds the article it will be at or near the top of the results screen.
7. Look for the "Cited by" link in the bottom left-hand corner of the article information.
8. Click on that link to see the items that have cited the article you already have.